Main Mission/Result Area
• Compute and deliver monthly cash calls to partners for Operated units ensuring compliance with various Joint Venture agreements, contracts, and budgets.
• Prepare and record Joint Interest journal transactions in the general ledger.
• Post Joint Venture payments to database, track and perform close follow up on outstanding receivables and payables to and from Joint Venture partners.
• Evaluate line-item details from the General Ledger for cost reporting accuracy (including a check that non-Petroleum cost items are not recorded as Petroleum costs), follow-up on potential errors and perform reconciliations.
• Handle bank reconciliation for Production Sharing Contract (PSC) specific bank accounts reportable to partners as necessary.
• Ensure that Joint Venture accounts are regularly analyzed, required entries made and proper filing of documents. • Participate actively in the preparation of OHADA financial statements, including balance sheet, profit & loss statement, and related notes.
• Maintain the integrity of the OHADA general ledger by ensuring all transactions are properly documented and filed.
• Perform all required balance sheet account reconciliations. Liaise with the different account owners; investigate and, if required, explain any variances.
• Interface with internal and external auditors and provide all required support during audits.
• Work in collaboration with the JV Accountant to support contractual reporting to PSC partners.
• Perform any other responsibilities assigned by line manager.
• Participate in all HSSE intervention schemes (APIPP, Incident reporting, site visits) and awareness sessions (HSSE Meetings, events, and trainings) to maintain and improve Company HSSE culture and performance
• Ability to interpret and apply the PSC contract terms and budget to prepare various Joint Interest reports.
• Ability to provide accurate and timely reports on Joint Interest transactions (Operated & Non-Operated
• Maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Competence & Requirements
• B Sc. in Accounting and/or Finance. A Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting related positions.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with OHADA and IFRS Accounting standards.
• Mastery of Oil & Gas fiscal regimes (Production Sharing Contracts, Concession Agreements etc.)
• Significant experience with MS-Word, Excel, Outlook, and ERPs. Knowledge of Sun Systems will be an added advantage.
• Oral and written fluency in English & French is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills, which are required to develop the many and varied interfaces and to engender the trust, credibility and respect that are essential for the successful performance of the job.
• Unwavering honesty and integrity
CONSEILS RH, MISE A DISPOSITION DU PERSONNEL, GESTION DE POLES D'ACTIVITIES