Activité du poste
PURPOSE / SUMMARY :
The Assistant Electrical Technician is responsible for the execution of assigned work tasks associated with the operation of designated process equipment. He/she safely installs, maintains and repairs all electrical and electronic equipment to improve runtime and achieve maximum reliability.
MAIN MISSION / RESULT AREA :
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
• Perform routine and preventive electrical maintenance, in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
• Perform scheduled electrical testing and inspections.
• Perform scheduled routine calibrations of electrical equipment.
• Assist in monitoring the technical performance of assets against agreed indicators in own discipline.
• Complete all electrical projects on daily basis using utmost safety procedures.
• Prioritize electrical work request of equipment needing preventive of reactive maintenance to prevent any impact to the environment.
• Promptly report any oil or chemical spills and take appropriate action to contain.
• Complete maintenance preventive schedule.
• Work with the maintenance team to maintain electrical and instrumentation associated with mechanical equipment to consistently improve runtime downtime.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of electrical systems, relevant regulation, and equipment by reference to technical journals, books, operating manuals, other reference materials.
• Participate in all HSSE intervention schemes (APIPP, Incident reporting, site visits) and awareness sessions (HSSE Meetings, events and trainings) to maintain and improve Company HSSE culture and performance.
• Understand the emergency procedure and the related requirements.
KEY CHALLENGES :
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of electrical systems, relevant regulation, and equipment by reference to technical journals, books, operating manuals, other reference materials.
• Ability to learn.
• Able to work in a difficult & confined environment.
COMPETENCE & REQUIREMENTS :
• GCE A’ Level Technical.
• At least 3 years’ experience as an Electrical Technician, in-depth knowledge of electrical equipment and systems.
• HUET or BOSIET certified.
• Extensive knowledge of operations and oilfield processes.
• Promote staff/contractor awareness on safety, health and environmental issues.