Activité du poste
PURPOSE / SUMMARY :
The Assistant Maintenance Technician is expected to develop operational/maintenance skills and assist in preventive maintenance. He/she supports maintenance crew activities in daily operations.
MAIN MISSION / RESULT AREA :
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
• Ensure all safety rules and regulations are adhered to and safety equipment is always available and used.
• Keep equipment’s clean and in good condition.
• Manually handle, install, position, and move materials, and manipulating things.
• Assist to barricade and or have work area bonded and erect signage as required to make work area safe.
• Be able to multitask and assist others when required.
• Regularly inspect equipment’s, structures, or materials and notify supervisors of abnormal situations.
• Operate mechanized Devices, or Equipment - Running, maneuvering, navigating, equipment.
• Assist tot guide cranes to move loads about decks, and control machines and processes.
• Promptly report any oil, Chemical or material spills and take appropriate action to contain.
• Participate in all HSSE intervention schemes (APIPP, Incident reporting, site visits) and awareness sessions (HSSE Meetings, events and trainings) to maintain and improve Company HSSE culture and performance.
• Understand the emergency procedure and the related requirements.
KEY CHALLENGES :
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of mechanical systems, relevant regulation, and equipment by reference to technical journals, books, operating manuals, other reference materials.
• Ability to learn.
• Able to work in a difficult & confined environment.
COMPETENCE & REQUIREMENTS :
• BAC Technique or 2 years equivalent experience.
• Entry point into Operations for new recruits.
• Ability to communicate in English and French.
• Maintain a high level of safety awareness and standards in all daily duties and tasks.
• Good listener, motivated, self-starter and intuitive.
• Ability to work in a diverse team.
• Good team player.
• Can willingly share knowledge.
• Honest and respectful.