Activité du poste
The Custom Clearance Advisor ensures that all activities of importation and exportation for the
Company’s operations onshore or offshore are cleared in accordance with the Customs regulations
in place. He/she maintains good ethical relationships between the Business and Government
Ministries involved in this area of responsibility. Key Accountabilities/Result
- Area Follow-up the Customs Department and shipping agents to clear all imports and exports for
- Management of Freight Forwarding contracts.
- Review and control all tasks performed by Import/Export Assistants.
- Review and code export and import-related invoices to ensure prompt payment of third-party
- Coordinate receipt and treatment of quality and quantity claims in relation to export cargos.
- Request quotes from Freight Forwarders e.g., work shipments and approve the best offer.
- Advise internal customers on best Import/Export practices.
- Ensure Import/Export files are ready for customs audits and defend the Company’s interest.
- Ensure ATN/ATS (Normal and Temporary Admissions) importations are compliant with customs
regulations in place.
- Ensure ratio letters are issued to freight forwarders on time and in compliance with custom
- Assist the Hydrocarbon Lifting Specialist, represent the Company and coordinate liftings at the
- Assist the Hydrocarbon Lifting Specialist, obtain all export licenses for the exportation of crude oil
from Cameroon. (Ministries of Mines and Finance).
- Assist the Hydrocarbon Lifting Specialist, review and control all tasks performed by the Lifting
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor. Key ChalLenges
- Responsible for the timely clearing of all Company material imports in liaison with freight forwarders.
- Working in an environment with no standardized laws and regulations.
- Maintain highly ethical business relationships with partners, government officials and shipping
- Working with pressure from internal stakeholders to clear their equipment from Customs urgently.
- May have to work during weekends, public holidays, and nights.
- Coordinate and represent the Company’s interests during liftings to ensure no unplanned
Experiences / Competence & Requirements
- B.Sc. in Logistics & Transport / International Trade / Business Management / Supply Chain Management.
- At least 15 years’ experience in Customs Clearing.
- Sound knowledge of CEMAC Custom regulations.
- Awareness on the Petroleum Code.
- Working experience in the Oil & Gas Industry is preferred.
- Awareness on FX regulations, specifically for the Oil &Gas Sector.
- Ability to travel and work offshore.
- Fluency in English and French (spoken and written).
- A good team player.