The PUMA Operations Supervisor/Chief Operator is an operational role with the integral responsibility to ensure that the Pulling Unit, machinery, equipment and other resources are effectively functioning. He/she leads operative team in all related activities and in safety to optimize the profitability of the company's site procedures whilst ensuring that his/her team adhere to company rules and work ethics.
Key Accountabilities/Result Area
• Ensure that all equipment’s and associated products (couplings/rods etc.) are used to their maximum potential, while ensuring their sustainability.
• Ensure that the highest level of quality is consistently maintained through all work conducted.
• Exercise discretion with the level of skill required to operate a Pulling Unit.
• Barricade, bonded work area, and/or erect signage systematically as required to make work area safe.
• Plan and organize the maintenance schedule of Pulling Unit and accessories.
• Perform or assist with preventative maintenance and ensure that machines & equipment are clean.
• Reduce to minimal the risk of downtime and machinery utilization failures.
• Understand and be able to implement the Company’s policies, procedures, and standards.
• Motivate, and lead all crew members to always guarantee positive, and conducive work environment.
• Complete induction and be competent to perform work to the level required.
• Keep Company’s line management inform of any problem occurring on the well or on the control of the well.
• Communicate effectively with hierarchy, direct reports, peers, Pulling Unit Operator, and other employees.
• Take personal responsibility and be fully accountable for the achievement of all objectives as outlined
• Participate in all HSSE intervention schemes (APIPP, Incident reporting, site visits) and awareness sessions (HSSE Meetings, events, and trainings) to maintain and improve Company HSSE culture and performance.
• Participate in all toolbox & PUMA Safety Meetings
• Understand the emergency procedure of PUMA procedures and the related requirements.
• Lead as a role model to improve HSSE engagement within direct team, section, and department.
• To strictly comply with the company’s “No-Smoking”, “Drug & Alcohol”, “Internet & IT Usage”, “Mobile Phone” & other policies
N.B: The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned.
• Promote Company commitment to quality and error free service.
• Ensure that all company information is kept private and confidential.
• Understand work conditions and requirement and be available to be deploy in more than one site, and to travel when required.
• Ability to multitask and provide assistance when required.
• Expose to regular physical plant noises, smells related to repairing and inspecting plant equipment.
• Occasionally needs to work in awkward positions while inspecting a physical plant.
• Always convey a professional appearance and attitude.
• Lead, and coach all junior to mid operators to provide topnotch services
Experiences / Competence & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
• At least 3 years + experience in the Oil & Gas sector.
• Proficiency in Drilling Operations with IWCF Certified at supervisory level (3) - mandatory.
• Maintain a high level of safety awareness and standards in all daily duties and tasks.
• Prove track record of previous experience in Managing a Team is desirable.
• Ability to communicate effectively (Fluent in English and French.).
• Ability to work effectively with others. Strong interpersonal relations, communication, problem solving skills.
• BOSIET Certified.
CONSEILS RH, MISE A DISPOSITION DU PERSONNEL, GESTION DE POLES D'ACTIVITIES