The PUMA Field Operator (Pumpman) has an operational role with the integral responsibility to ensure that the HT-400 machinery, pumping equipment and other resources are effectively operated to optimize the profitability of the company’s site operation.
Key Accountabilities/Result Area
• Ensure the good functioning of the pumping unit during Work-over activities, following QHSE policies and procedures.
• Exercise discretion with the level of skill required to operate a pumping unit.
• Perform or assist with preventative maintenance when required.
• Plan and organize the maintenance schedule of Pumping Unit and accessories.
• Ensure that necessary spare parts are available on site to properly operate the Pumping Unit with no standby.
• List purchase orders of spare parts for the Pumping Unit and Pumping Equipment.
• Inform the Company Supervisor of any problem occurring on the well or on the control of the well.
• Barricade and/or have work area bonded and erect signage as required to make work area safe.
• Ensure that all equipment’s and associated products are used to their maximum potential, while ensuring their sustainability.
• Reduce downtime and optimize machinery utilization while ensuring that all machines, and equipment are clean.
• Ensure that the highest level of quality is consistently maintained through all work conducted.
• Take personal responsibility and be fully accountable for the achievement of all objectives as outlined.
• Participate in all HSSE intervention schemes (APIPP, Incident reporting, site visits) and awareness sessions (HSSE Meetings, events and trainings) to maintain and improve Company HSSE culture and performance.
• Participate in all toolbox & PUMA Safety Meetings.
• Understand the emergency procedure of PUMA procedures and the related requirements.
• Lead as a role model to improve HSSE engagement within direct team, section, and department.
• Strictly comply with the company’s “No-Smoking”, “Drug & Alcohol”, “Internet & IT Usage”, “Mobile Phone” & other policies.
N.B: The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned.
• Ensure that all company information is kept private and confidential.
• Understand and be able to implement the Company’s policies, procedures, and standards.
• Exposure to regular physical plant noises, smells related to repairing and inspecting plant equipment.
• Occasionally needs to work in awkward positions while inspecting a physical plant.
• Always convey a professional appearance and attitude.
• The incumbent will work on 21/21 rotation.
Experiences / Competence & Requirements
• Preferably Bachelor’s Degree in petroleum engineering/mechanical engineering.
• 5 years + experience in the Oil & Gas sector and pumping operations.
• Extensive exposure and knowledge of Pumping Equipment and Operations is an asset.
• Proficiency in Pumping Operation System (including HT-400-unit, blender unit, filtration unit, pressure test, etc).
• Ability to maintain a high level of safety awareness and standards in all daily duties and tasks.
• Ability to multitask and assist others when required.
• Ability to work effectively with others. Strong interpersonal relations, communication, problem solving skills.
• Bilingualism will offer an advantage (French and English).
• BOSIET Certified
CONSEILS RH, MISE A DISPOSITION DU PERSONNEL, GESTION DE POLES D'ACTIVITIES