Activité du poste
The Accounting and Cost Analyst is responsible for analyzing and recording the various
transactions of the Company.
Key Accountabilities/Result Area
Principal Deliverables and accountabilities include:
- Perform balance sheet accounts reconciliations and correct miscoding in the accounts.
- Prepare and file journal vouchers (JV) of accounting transactions for hard posting by the supervisor.
- Perform analysis of transactions and routine accounting entries in the SUN and SYSCOHADA
- Analyze OPEX monthly and perform coding errors identification for corrections.
- Ensure the accurate coding of all entries booked into the ledger by reviewing the detailed transactions of
the month and propose correction entries.
- Fully support annual statutory audits a key focal point for SYSCOHADA accounting.
- Processing and coding of all Company drilling invoices in order to comply with commercial terms of
- Updating drilling coding schedule annually to incorporate new drilling codes.
- Creating new drilling codes
and providing coding advise to Proactis end-user.
- Perform monthly analysis of the Company’s operating cost for overhead departments and report to
- Advise Finance on improved cost tracking / analysis and reporting techniques.
- Assist the Drilling Cost Controller in End of Well (EOW) reconciliations.
- Participate in HSSE awareness sessions (HSSE Meetings, events and trainings) to maintain and improve
Organizational HSSE culture. Key Challenges
- Imperative need to complete financial transactions data, and account analysis on time.
- Analyze and identify accounting errors.
- Deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze complex accounting data
Experiences / Competence & Requirements
- BSc. in Accounting and/or Finance. A professional accounting qualification (part or fully qualified) would
be an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Accounting/Cost Control.
- Knowledge of SYCOHADA Accounting practices.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills and can work mostly alone with minimal support.
- Unwavering honesty and integrity.
- Experience with MS-office, Proactis and SunSystems knowledge desirable.
- Fluency in both oral and written English. Proficiency in French would be advantageous.